Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Turtle Shorts: my first project (6th grade)

I would like to introduce to you my first sewing project: turtle boxers. Made in the 6th grade.... 1996 or something.

Let's face it. Everyone has their weird quirky thing that they are into in Middle School. For some reason or another, my thing was turtles. Stuffed animals, figurines, turtle lamps, I guess turtle fabric for shorts...
Yeah, embarrassing. Good thing I got of that obsession quickly.

However, for a project for a kid, they didn't turn out half bad. In fact, they are still wearable...and comfortable, for that matter. A little faded, I'll give you that.


I do remember the (now faceless in my memory) Home Ec teacher's sewing tips, like: having to press your seams, how to thread a machine, and how to "try" to sew straight lines. Obviously, I rebelled a little bit (photo below).


I'm really proud of these dorky little shorts. It makes me want to find a pattern and try it again some day. Maybe even try pajama bottoms. But not turtles. That pattern can retire.



What was your first project?

1 comment:

  1. Mine as an A line skirt, I love these, and you have twins and can still wear them! Yay! They are so cute. I need a pattern like this for some fun cool shorts to wear around!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete